The Sacramento Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Program is looking for volunteers to become trained in basic disaster response skills to help others in their community.
The CERT Program educates people about disaster preparedness for hazards that may impact their area and trains them in basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization, and disaster medical operations. Using the training learned in the classroom and during exercises, CERT members can assist others in their neighborhood or workplace following an event when professional responders are not immediately available to help.
This is the entry level qualification for the Sacramento CERT, and involves training over a three week period, with Tuesday night and Saturday sessions.
Due to the popularity of the program and limited seating, we are seeking attendees who can confirm their attendance to all sessions.
All students must complete an application on our web site prior to registration.
The spring 2014 class schedule for the Sacramento CERT Level III Basic Course is as follows:
- Session 1 – Disaster Preparedness – Tue, February 25, 2014, 6pm – 10pm
- Session 2 – Fire Suppression/Search and Rescue – Sat, March 1, 2014, 8am – 5pm
- Session 3 – Team Organization/Disaster Psychology – Tue, March 4, 2014, 6pm – 10pm
- Session 4 – Disaster Medical 1/2 – Sat, March 8, 2014, 8am – 5pm
- Session 5 – Terrorism/Review – Tue, March 11, 2014, 6pm – 10pm
- Session 6 – Graduation Drill – Sat, March 15, 2014, 8am – 5pm
Sessions 1-5 will be held at Sacramento Fire Headquarters at 5770 Freeport Boulevard, Sacramento. Session 6 will be held at 3230 J Street, Sacramento. Another 6 part training series is tentatively scheduled to begin in the fall, September 2014.
For more information, email email@example.com.
Information courtesy City of Sacramento Volunteer Program.
362 total views