The heat is on at Sacramento International Airport, where more than 27,000 passengeres a day are expected during the busy months of June, July and August.
Here are some tips to make travel, whether for business or leisure, as enjoyable as possible:
- Review your parking, dining and shopping options at www.smf.aero.
- The 4th of July holiday is this week, but remember: no fireworks of any kind are allowed on aircraft (including carry-on or checked luggage).
- Visitors can choose from a variety of parking options for stays short or long. One option, the economy lot, is very popular this season and occasionally fills to capacity. As you enter the airport, look at the overhead signs for information on its availability.
- If the economy lot is full, the daily lot just before the garage is a cost-effective alternative that is closer to the terminal and requires a shorter shuttle ride.
- Check your airplane’s website for information on luggage rules and how early to arrive.
- Picking someone up? Save gas and avoid circling. Use the Free Waiting Area, also known as the cell phone lot. You can waiting in your car for up to three hours FREE.
For more information, visit www.sacramento.aero.
68 total views