The Founder of Sacculturalhub.com, Pleshette Robertson, would like to sincerely APOLOGIZE for the oversight of not publicly recognizing, with a formal stage presentation, each and every hair salon and barbershop that was listed as a nominee and also announcing the winner at the Hub Choice Awards on Sat-12/1 at Sacramento High School Auditorium.
The WINNER for Best Barbershop was “Brother’s Place” located in South Sacramento.
The WINNER for Best Hair Salon was “Another Look Hair Salon” with two locations in Midtown Sacramento and South Sacramento.
From year one, when the Sacculturalhub.com website launched in March 2002, the salon and barbershop industry have been a huge supporter of Sacculturalhub.com.Â For myself and so many others I know the salon and barbershop has served as the “Black Country Club” of laughter, excitement, drop-in counseling center, and entertainment.Â Â See listings of all nominees in all categories.
I, Pleshette, was so overwhelmed with excitement and joy during my closing speech at the end of the show that I forgot to mention these additional THANK YOUS and SPECIAL APPRECIATIONS to the following folks for adding to the success of the awards show:
- Our incredibly funny GUEST MC and one of my favorite comedians from BET’s Comic View — Cory Crenshaw
- The BEST of Celebrity Host MCs –Tommie Goss of 103.5 The Bomb’s Gospel Express Show Radio Host and Adrienne Bankert of KCRA 3 Traffic Anchor and/or Reporter
- DJ Gino – our Sound Manager
- The wonderful jazz band – The Garrett Perkins Jazz Project
- Our celebrity star guest performers – Grammy Award Nominee R&B Artist, Carl Thomas and Amar Khalil of Toni Tony Tone
- All of the Presenters and all of our Model Escorts
- Photographers Ray Johnson and Khiry Malik, and our videographer, Charles White
- Premiere Promotions for presenting and hosting the official Awards Show Mixer/Party
- Graphic Designer – Reese Roundtree
- All of our presale ticket locations: Another Look Hair Salon, The Vault, Underground Books, Diversity Salon & Spa, and Sandra Dee’s Seafood & BBQ
- Rick Warren for his inspiration, insight and ongoing advice/consultation on the overall management of the Awards Show
- All of our advertisers in the December 2007 issue of the Sacculturalhub.com Urban Entertainment Magazine
- Tree of Hope Funding for their continued financial support and business consultation
We hope that everyone enjoyed the 2007 Hub Choice Award Show and the After Party Mixer.Â Please take the time to complete the Post Awards Show Survey to let us know your opinions about the Awards Show.Â The photos from the Awards Show will be posted in The Hub’s Photo Gallery very soon.Â See my entire Thank You e-blast announcement about the Hub Choice Awards.
Pleshette Robertson, CEO & Founder of Sacculturalhub.com