In partnership with the Sacramento Kings, DOCO (Downtown Commons) is excited to present the first-ever DOCO Block Party on Sunday, September 8, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. that culminates with a free outdoor performance by pop icon and reality TV star Vanilla Ice on the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento Stage on the Main Plaza. Open to all ages, the fun and free special event is designed to invite the community to explore and discover DOCO, the dynamic outdoor plaza that showcases an amazing mix of innovative shops, restaurants and office space and sits adjacent to iconic Golden 1 Center.
With a focus on interactive and innovative experiences, the open-air event includes entertaining live music by Thunder Cover on the East Plaza Stage, popular HOF (Hall of Fame) DJs on the West Plaza, Latin dance demos and lessons by Dance On the Edge, numerous hands-on art activities,family-friendly cookie decorating on the centrally-located Bosque,tenant specials and activations, a flower truck on-site with Fig & Vine, and DJs Zephyr with ALT 94.7 and Lady Kate on the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento Stage (leading into the performance by Vanilla Ice). Plus, a pop-upEscape Room, Neo Escape Room, will be available for $5 for a 6-minute experience. In addition,a special $5 flat rate Block Party event parking rate will be available in the West Garage with an entrance located at 325 L Street.
“DOCO is an absolutely amazing central gathering place,” said DOCO General ManagerChristiWoodards. “We’re thrilled to present engaging and must-visit events like the DOCO Block Party that showcase our tenants along with some of the memorable experiences they have to offer. For community members who haven’t had a chance to visit DOCO yet, the Block Party is definitely the day to do so.”
Supported by Carson Landscaping Industries, ABM Industries, KCRA-3, My58, Entercom Radio and Outword Media, the DOCO Block Party will also feature a Kids Zone operated by Verge Center for the Arts that includes a Sacramento Area Museums booth on the second level terrace plus live painting artistry action on the west end.
Nearly all the 30+ DOCO tenants will engage with guests, inviting them to learn more about their businesses by setting-up outside activations complete with unique experiences, special samplings and tastings, giveaway opportunities and much more.An updated list of the special offerings presented by involved and engaged DOCO tenants during the event includes the following:
- 24 Hour Fitness– dynamic fitness demos and prizes on the East Plaza
- Andy’s Candy Apothecary– free candy tasting station and 10 percent off
- AT&T Store– free virtual reality gaming stations outside of the store
- Burger Lounge– free hand-spun milkshake samples
- Century Theatre– prize wheel, raffle and games
- Echo & Rig– scrumptious food sampling
- Estelle Bakery & Patisserie– 10 percent off lunch items
- Fizz Champagne & Bubbles Bar– special curated flights (for those ages 21 and over)
- Flatstick Pub(opening soonnearDOCO) – Free mini golf with a chance to win a lifetime membership and Flatstick coconuts
- Getta Clue Store– video gaming, photo booth as well as 10 percent off all purchases
- Golden 1 Center/Sacramento Kings– Jr. Kings coaches on-site to test basketball skills on the Kings outdoor sports court
- Golden 1 Credit Union– prize wheel and giveaways
- Häagen Dazs –$1 off in-store purchases
- Identity Boutique(opening soon at DOCO) – fashion shows at noon & 2p.m. (in partnership with Macy’s, Getta Clue and Navin’s Custom Clothing) to highlight men’s and women’s current fall fashion trends as well as 10 percent off purchases
- The Lash Lounge– promotional swag items and a selfie station outside the shop
- The Look– 10 percent discount on services plus free henna flower with service of $25 or more
- Macy’s– Benefit Brow Mapping event, cardholder giveaways, Macy’s Backstage pop-up and events throughout the store (plus gifts with purchase)
- Panda Express– sampling outside the store and BOGO offer
- The Pizza Press–food and beer tastings (for those ages 21 and over)
- Polanco Cantina(opening soon at DOCO)– food sampling and photo booth
- Popbar– shake and lemonade sampling plus a 10 percent discount and raffle
- Pressed Juicery– free juice sampling and bounce-back coupons
- Punch Bowl Social–family-friendlygames such as foosball and more outside of the restaurant
- RareTea– discounts, special menu item and sampling
- Revival at The Sawyer–menu samplings and tastings on the Magnolia Terrace
- Rock Shop– prize drawings, 15 percent off shopping passes and the first 100 guests who purchase merchandise and sign up for the loyalty cards will receive free t-shirts
- Sauced BBQ & Spirits– special axe throwing bundle package featuring BBQ sample, Bulleit cocktail and three complimentary axe throws
- Shelf– local Shelf makers with hands-on activities & more outside the shop
- Starbucks–Outdoor Experience Bar with free samples of Reserve Microblend #11 Cold Brew and other specialties
- Urban Outfitters– free silk screening outside the store (guests can choose to bring their own items or purchase products) plus a photo booth inside the store
- Yard House– Stone Brewing and Big Stump sampling on the outdoor patio (for those ages 21 and over)
Additional fun and free activations are likely to be added, and all are based on availability and subject to change. Popular“On the Green” games – such as giant chess, Jenga, corn hole, etc. – andinviting outdoor furniture and lounge areas are available for guests to relax in the plaza.
Guests who attend the DOCO Block Party will go through a security screening before entering the plaza.
Centrally located in the heart of downtown Sacramento, DOCO was developed in partnership by JMA Ventures and the Sacramento Kings. The thriving outdoor plaza is a must-visit entertainment, shopping and lifestyle destination that showcases some of the very best the city has to offer in terms of retailers, bars, restaurants, office space and more. Guests can enjoy shopping at a fantastic mix of retailers, indulging at amazing restaurants, bars and eateries, and being part of engaging events and activities that help to make DOCO a dynamic community gathering place.
For more detailed information about the DOCO Block Party event or the plaza in general, please visitDOCOSacramento.com.
About DOCO (Downtown Commons)
Located adjacent to Golden 1 Center (the world’s most technologically advanced and sustainable arena), DOCO is an emerging entertainment and lifestyle district in Sacramento’s dynamic urban core showcased by1.8 million square feet of incredible retail destinations, bars and restaurants, office space, residential units, the Sawyer Hotel (a 250-room boutique hotel managed by Kimpton Hotels), andthe vibrant and iconic sculpture by Jeff Koons titled “Coloring Book.”