Screenshot courtesy of shadowandact.com
Slight review into the look of characters in “The Best Man: The Final Chapters” series
by Contributing Writer, Djames Sergent
(No spoilers!) So I binge watched “The Best Man: The Final Chapters” series on Christmas Eve. I would like to talk about it with sharing some of my thoughts behind the Hollywood star characters but not drop spoilers. I will say it was very good entertainment.
- Morris Chestnut – I think he plays a man dealing with the pain of losing his wife and best friend well. Also shows one path of how some men deal with internal pain and loss until they rediscover themselves. Also the alpha males expectation for his children very interesting.
- Melissa De Sousa – I think she killed her role opposite of Terrence and over again damn near carrying the movie. (Very funny compelling, touching, cringy worthy and funny).
- Taye Diggs – I feel this KAT plays himself in everything he does. So you basically get more of him.
- Regina Hall – I enjoyed her role as well … talk about a transformation from her previous roles in the series damn. From family, kids and friend to aspirations she did that. She was quietly the method actor of this show. I mean peep her hair thru most of the show. LOL
- Terrence Howard – My dude I love this character on him especially the way they matured him into the new him. I don’t want to give a spoiler but LMAO.
- Sanaa Lathan – She did her thing in her role as well I believe she layed out a compelling look inside modern day relationships.
- Nia Long – Now she did her thing as well. There was a few surprises for me with her character. She also plays a driven woman that controls everything but at a cost that wasn’t obvious until it was.
- Harold Perrineau – They gave him more teeth and absolutely more dynamics and depth. They absolutely matured his role and his dynamics from whom we remembered him as, to who he is as a grown ass man.
Occasionally acting gets choppy like they just reading a script out loud however bear with it as it does get better after 4th episode or so.
Where my folks at – holla – let me know what you think!
CLICK HERE to see more about the series streaming on Peacock.
1,720 total views