SAN FRANCISCO, Calif.— Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) today announced that residential customers have a new way to take control of their energy bills this winter. With PG&E’s Energy Alerts, customers can better manage their energy usage and budgets.
“Our customers asked for a solution to help them budget for their energy needs and we listened. The Energy Alerts program is designed to be an easy-to-use tool that lets customers stay on top of their energy use in any given month,” said Laurie Giammona, Chief Customer Officer of PG&E Corporation.
Energy Alerts: Helping Customers Budget for Energy
Sign up PG&E’s Energy Alerts in less than five minutes: Go to pge.com/energyalerts.
- Set your personal budget threshold to get an alert when your bill is forecast to exceed your threshold.
- Choose to receive your energy alerts via email, text or phone call.
More Ways to Save Energy this Winter
Try these ideas to help you stay warm and safe this winter. Get started with an online account: Sign up to access Your Account at pge.com to stay on top of your energy usage and choose rate plan options that work best for you and your family. Contact our dedicated rates hotline at 1-800-743-0514 with questions.
- Find ways to make your home more efficient: Take a free online Home Energy Checkup. Answer some questions about your home and learn how much you spend on heating, cooling, hot water and more. Get customized tips to make your home more efficient and cut back on energy costs.
- Shop for money saving products: PG&E Marketplace is a one stop shop for energy saving appliances and consumer electronics, plus rebates. Customers can receive rebates up to $500 on electric water heaters and $200 on gas water heaters.
- Save energy and money with solar water heating: PG&E rebates and federal tax credits make solar water heating a good option to reduce your water heating bill by up to 80 percent and help the environment.
For more tips on saving energy this winter, visit www.pge.com/winter.