04.22.2019

Director John Singleton in intensive care after ‘mild’ stroke. Well wishes pour in

Director John Singleton in intensive care after ‘mild’ stroke. Well wishes pour in Photo by Gina Ferazzi / Los Angeles Times

Oscar-nominated director John Singleton, best known for the film “Boyz N the Hood,” has been hospitalized in intensive care after suffering a stroke on Wednesday, his family said.

In a statement sent to The Times on Saturday, Singleton’s family said the director is “under great medical care.”

“We ask that privacy be given to him and our family at this time and appreciate all of the prayers that have been pouring in from his fans, friends and colleagues,” his family added.

Singleton, 51, had been traveling and went to a hospital with weakness in his leg Wednesday when he suffered a “mild” stroke, according to TMZ.

The family declined to identify the hospital where Singleton was being treated.

For the full story, visit LATimes.com/Entertainment/Arts.