Vote Early, Vote by Mail
Presidential Primary Election – March 5, 2024
Make your voice heard this election. Choose how, when, and where you vote:
How do I register to vote? You have several options. You may:
- Register online at ca.gov. To register online, you must agree to use your California Drivers License or California ID signature from DMV
- Complete a paper Voter Registration Form and return it to our office (available at most government offices, public libraries, and post offices)
- Request a Voter Registration Form to be mailed to you by calling the Elections Office at (916) 875-6512 or (800) 762-8019
Ballots begin to arrive starting February 5th. All registered voters will receive their Official Ballot in the mail.
Voters are strongly encouraged to use the ballot mailed to them. Place the voted ballot inside the postage paid envelope provided, sign the envelope, and return it:
- By mail
- By Ballot Drop Box: Voted ballots may also be placed in more than 60 of our secured Ballot Drop Box Locations throughout Sacramento County
- At a Vote Center: Some Vote Centers are open up to 11 days including Election Day. All Vote Centers are open 4 days including Election Day. This means weekend voting starts February 24th!
For more information visit elections.saccounty.gov or call Toll Free (800) 762-8019.