Downtown, Old Sacramento and midtown shoppers will be offered free on-street parking in specific areas for the 16th year to encourage people to shop and dine downtown during the holiday season.
The City is offering free on-street parking after 4:30 p.m., and free on-street parking all day on weekends starting the day after Thanksgiving, through December 26, in midtown and Old Sacramento.
The program will be in effect in these areas, (click here to view the map), at these times only at metered on-street parking spaces.
- There will be two free metered holidays: The first one is on Thursday, Nov. 22 (Thanksgiving Day) and the second will be Tuesday, Dec. 25 (Christmas Day).
- Weekends will be free all day from November 24 through December 23.
- Weekdays will be free parking after 4:30p.m. (This will also include “Black Friday, Friday, Nov. 23). Prior to 4:30 p.m., you must pay the meter during the weekdays.
Please note that the free parking zone will extend from “I” to “L” streets and from Front to 29th Streets, and only applies to metered on-street parking spaces. (See the map.)
All other parking violations are still enforceable as posted, such as time limit restrictions, street sweeping and colored zones. For example, if parking is limited to one hour, free parking is limited to one hour.
East End Garage (17th Street between L Street and Capital Avenue) – The City will continue to offer
a flat rate of $2 after 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and all day on Saturday and Sunday.
The following are the official six meter-free holidays that are displayed on every parking meter.
- New Year’s Day (January 1)
- Memorial Day (Last month in May)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (First Monday in September)
- Thanksgiving Day (4th Thursday in November)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
276 total views