A record 30 Sacramento area museums will offer free or half-priced admission all day on Saturday, February 2, 2013, during the 15th Annual Sacramento Museum Day, according to the Sacramento Associations of Museums.
Twenty-eight of the 30 museums will offer free admission whereas two destinations located in residential areas – the Sacramento Zoo and Fairytale Town – will offer half-priced admission to offset parking control and security costs. With assistance provided by the Sacramento Convention & Visitors Bureau, this hugely popular community event is presented by the Sacramento Association of Museums (SAM) and proudly supported by Umpqua Bank and Chipotle Mexican Grill.
Sacramento Museum Day, a popular Sacramento cultural tradition, is designed to encourage all members of the community to experience the Capital City’s incredible wealth of art, history, science and wildlife – at little or no cost.
While admission is free at 28 of the participating museums during Sacramento Museum Day, admission to two destinations located in residential areas are half-priced as follows: Sacramento Zoo is $5.75 for adults, $3.75 for children ages 2-11 and free for children under two; Fairytale Town is $2.50 for everyone and free for children ages one and under.
Sacramento Museum Day event hours are 10am-5pm (with the last guests admitted at 4pm).
Participating museums for Sacramento Museum Day 2013 are:
- Aerospace Museum of California
- California Automobile Museum
- California Foundry History Museum
- The California Museum
- California State Military Museum
- California State Capitol Museum
- California State Railroad Museum
- Center for Contemporary Art
- Crocker Art Museum
- Discovery Museum Science & Space Center
- Don & June Salvatori California Pharmacy Museum
- Fairytale Town
- Folsom History Museum
- Governor’s Mansion State Historic Park
- Heidrick Ag History Center (Woodland)
- Leland Stanford Mansion State Historic Park
- Maidu Museum & Historic Site
- Museum of Medical History
- Old Sacramento Schoolhouse Museum
- Old Sacramento State Historic Park
- Roseville Utility Exploration Center
- Sacramento Children’s Museum
- Sacramento Zoo
- Sacramento Historic City Cemetery
- Sacramento History Museum
- Sojourner Truth Multicultural Arts Museum
- State Indian Museum
- Sutter’s Fort State Historic Park
- Wells Fargo History Museum (Capitol Mall)
- Wells Fargo History Museum (Old Sacramento)
For more information, including event hours, map of participating museums, parking suggestions and more, visit sacmuseums.org/museumday.html, or call Sacramento Convention & Visitors Bureau at 916-808-7777.
232 total views