Women Leaders and Advocates to Speak on the Eve of the Electoral College Vote: Over 300 Californians Expected to Gather
On Sunday, December 18 — the day before the electoral college vote — women, men, children, LGBTQ+ community, people of all races, ethnicities, abilities and religions will gather for a peaceful rally to stand for love, peace, justice, dignity and respect for all.
Over 300 Californians expected to attend this peaceful rally to send a message of inclusiveness to the newly-elected administration and encourage all policymakers to protect the checks and balances of our democracy.
Women leaders scheduled to speak:
- Janine Bera, MD, Physician
- Anita Ross, Author, Speaker, Self-Love Life Coach
- Rev. Dr. Georgia Prescott, Senior Minister, Center for Spiritual Awareness
- Tracie Stafford, Survivor Activist, VP Ovation PR & Advertising
- Delaine Eastin, Former State Superintendent of Public Instruction
With performances by:
- Ester Nicholson, vocalist, teacher and author of Soul Recovery to sing her powerful song “I Believe This Belongs to You”
- Real Cream Café (Karee Adkins Aubin, Tynya Beverly, Amanda Craaig, Sommer Hayes, Kyla Aquino Irving, Melanie Smith) to perform an excerpt from Eve Ensler’s “Vagina Monologues.”
Sunday, December 18, 2016, 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
California State Capitol
1315 10th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
ABOUT THE ORGANIZER, ANITA ROSS:
As an author, speaker, and life coach, Anita Ross is on a mission to empower women to love themselves fully. Currently, Anita serves women from all walks of life including, but not limited to, those of Women Escaping a Violent Environment (WEAVE, Inc.), My Sister’s House, La Casa De Las Madres, Stockton County Foster Education Program, San Mateo Human Services Agency, Solano College Umoja Program Scholars, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc. and Susan G. Komen. She is the author of “Mean Time Love: A Woman’s Journey From Self-Loathe to Self-Love” a self-help book for women and is touring the country with her Mean Time Love workshops. For more information, please visit www.anitaross.net
CONTACT: Anita Ross at (954) 559-6108 or email@example.com