DOCO (Downtown Commons) is excited to announce the first-ever DOCO Block Party on Sunday, September 8, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The special event is designed to invite the community to explore and discover DOCO, the dynamic outdoor plaza that showcases an amazing mix of innovative shops, restaurants and office space and sits adjacent to iconic Golden 1 Center. With a focus on interactive and innovative experiences, entertaining live music, hands-on art activities along with tenant specials and activations, guests of all ages are encouraged to attend the fun and free open-air festival.
Nearly all the 30+ DOCO tenants will engage with guests, inviting them to learn more about their businesses by setting-up outside activations complete with unique experiences, special samplings and tastings, giveaway opportunities and much more.
“DOCO is an absolutely amazing central gathering place,” said DOCO General Manager Christi Woodards. “We’re thrilled to present engaging and must-visit events like the DOCO Block Party that showcase our tenants along with some of the memorable experiences they have to offer. For community members who haven’t had a chance to visit DOCO yet, the Block Party is definitely the day to do so.”
Presented by Carson Landscaping Industries and Outword Media, the Block Party will feature entertaining live music and a Kids Zone operated by Verge Center for the Arts on the main plaza area and live artistry in action on the west end. A sampling of the special offerings presented by involved and engaged DOCO tenants include the following:
- Andy’s Candy Apothecary – free candy sampling and delicious discounts on popular items
- AT&T Store – four virtual reality gaming stations that attendees can play outside of the storefront
- Burger Lounge – free hand-spun milkshake samples featuring organic strawberry, chocolate and vanilla milkshakes
- Capital Agenda – special discounts and prizes for guests
- Century Theatre – prize wheel, raffle and games outside the storefront
- Echo & Rig – scrumptious food sampling outside the restaurant
- Fizz Champagne & Bubbles Bar – special curated flights (for those 21 years old and over)
- Flatstick Pub (opening soon near DOCO) – free golf on mobile golf holes set up in front of the space along with a hole-in-one contest to win prizes and coconut water for purchase
- Getta Clue Store – video games available, photo booth as well as 10 percent off all purchases made during the event
- Golden 1 Center/Sacramento Kings – Sports Court
- Golden 1 Credit Union – prize wheel and giveaways
- Identity Boutique (opening soon at DOCO) – fashion show at 1 p.m. to highlight men’s and women’s current fall fashion trends as well as 10 percent off purchases
- The Lash Lounge – a display unit, spin wheel, raffle, promotional swag items and a selfie station outside the shop
- The Look – 10 percent discount on all services plus free henna flower with any service of $25 or more
- Macy’s – special discounts and entertainment (cosmetic and fragrance event) inside the store as well as a Backstage retail pop-up outside on the plaza’s second level
- The Pizza Press – food and beer tastings (for those 21 years old and over)
- Popbar – shake and lemonade sampling outside the shop as well as a 10 percent discount with a raffle per purchase
- Pressed Juicery – free juice sampling and bounce-back coupons
- Punch Bowl Social – family-friendly games such as foosball and more outside near the stairwell
- RareTea – discounts, special menu item and sampling outside the shop
- Revival at The Sawyer – menu samplings and tastings on the Magnolia Terrace
- Rock Shop – prize drawings, 15 percent off shopping passes valid 9/8 only, and the first 100 guests who purchase merchandise and sign up for the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento loyalty cards will receive a free t-shirt
- Sauced BBQ & Spirits – special “bundle” package that includes pork sliders, a Bulleit cocktail with Bulleit swag (while it lasts) and complimentary axe throws, a new offering coming soon to the restaurant for guests ages 16 and over with a valid ID and after a safety instruction session. (Closed toed shoes required. NO exceptions.)
- The Shelf – live entertainment inside the shop plus local Shelf Makers outside
- Starbucks – Outdoor Experience Bar with free samples of Reserve Microblend #11 Cold Brew and other specialties
- Urban Outfitters – free silk screening outside the store (guests can choose to bring their own items or purchase suggested products) plus a fun photo booth inside the store
Additional fun and free activations are likely to be added, and all are based on availability and subject to change. Popular “On the Green” games – such as giant checkers, Jenga, corn hole, etc. – and inviting outdoor furniture and lounge areas are available for guests to relax in the plaza.
Centrally located in the heart of downtown Sacramento, DOCO was developed in partnership by JMA Ventures and the Sacramento Kings. The thriving outdoor plaza is a must-visit entertainment, shopping and lifestyle destination that showcases some of the very best the city has to offer in terms of retailers, bars, restaurants, office space and more. Guests can enjoy shopping at a fantastic mix of retailers, indulging at amazing restaurants, bars and eateries, and being part of engaging events and activities that help to make DOCO a dynamic community gathering place.
For more detailed information about the DOCO Block Party event or the plaza in general, please visit DOCOSacramento.com.