Chef Basil is a former Homeless Army Veteran and is known for Broken Soldiers non-profit organization and a partner of Management Business Services that has 8 E-media publications (reaches out to 54 M) and services include Business Marketing, Political Strategies, Campaign Advisor, Entrepreneur Consulting.
He has received Bachelor Degree in Law Enforcement and, graduate from Le Cardon Bleu, Pasadena.
Basil is involved and member of the following: He is the Veterans Chair of the African American Caucus, Calif. Dem. Party; American Culinary Federation, High Desert NAACP, Black Chamber of Commerce, and Victor Valley Chamber of Commerce,
Chef Basil has volunteered in many events cooking for Veterans, communities, and the homeless. He is also the Executive Chef for Events for Ladies Taking Key Opportunities (TKO) a non-profit organization (volunteer as well)
* The Family Support Program had a Kaboom project with the collaboration of Victor Valley Rescue Mission and the Lord’s Table – he volunteered to cook for all the volunteers and homeless that helped (2019)
* Water Challenge with Ladies TKO – distribute water during the summer to the homeless (2 016 to present)
* He cooked at the Homeless Shelter (2018)
* Thanksgiving Dinner -assisted with the Victor Valley Rescue Mission in the kitchen. (2018)
* Thanksgiving Dinner collaboration with Ladies Taking Key Opportunities meals for Veterans and families (2016 – to present)
* After Houston Hurricane Harvey, in collaboration with Chef Robert Phillips, Western Region American Culinary Federation and Lizet Angulo, Ladies TKO – food was delivered to Houston where ACF Chef’s cooked for communities. (3M were feed). ACF Veteran drove the Semi truck to Houston. (2017)
* Annually, the Veterans Gala Awards which honor Veterans, community residents that assist veterans, Gold Star Recipients, and homeless veterans (veterans bring them – cleaned up and know one in the audience knows who they are). No charge, free admission, free reception and free entertainment.
* Project Warm collaboration with Ladies Taking Key Opportunities distribute blankets to the homeless (2016 to present)
* Turkey Give Away with collaboration of Ladies Taking Key Opportunities distribute to families, battered shelters, college, community outreach program and other nonprofit organizations
* Thanksgiving Dinner with collaboration of Ladies Taking Key Opportunities
* Cooked for entire town Earthquake victims July 2019 – Trona (Nov. 2019) Population 1,500 (Had food prepared for Thanksgiving Day also for Elks Lodge)
* Community Outreach Program in Upland (Nov 2019) Chef Basil’s Army quote “We will never leave a man, woman or child behind