The El Dorado County Connections One Stop Workforce Development and Business Resource Centers is hosting a series of informational sessions for unemployed, underemployed or dislocated workers and youth in El Dorado County, according to an official press release.
The sessions will highlight free services available through Connections and information on training programs and/or on-the-job training through the Workforce Investment Act (WIA).
The informational sessions are offered free of charge and will be held as follows:
- Thursday, October 11 from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Pollock Pines Community Center, 2675 Sanders Drive in Pollock Pines
- Wednesday, October 17 from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Georgetown Community Center (in the Upper Room), 6327 Lower Main Street in Georgetown
- Monday, October 22 from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the El Dorado Hills Library, 7455 Silva Valley Parkway in El Dorado Hills
- Thursday, November 1 from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the El Dorado County Library, 345 Fair Lane in Placerville
- Thursday, November 8 from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Cameron Park Library, 2500 Country Club Drive in Cameron Park
Connections and the WIA offer both a youth focused program and an adult program. The youth program offers work experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational/technical training programs to youth age 17-21 who are low income, dropout, homeless, runaway, parenting, foster youth, and/or involved in the court system.
The adult program serves people age 18 or older, those with disabilities, displaced homemakers, self-employed, unemployed, underemployed and/or dislocated workers, and offers a number of services such as vocational or technical training and/or on-the-job training programs. In addition, Connections also provides assistance with career assessment, job search, resume preparation and interview assistance for youth and adults.
Those who cannot attend one of the informational sessions may visit the Connections One Stop Resource Center and ask to speak to a WIA staff member. The Connections One Stop Resource Center is located at 3047 Briw Road in Placerville and at 3368 Lake Tahoe Boulevard, #202, in South Lake Tahoe. The offices are open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday.
For additional information, call Sarah Schmudlach at (530) 642-4897. South Lake Tahoe residents may call (530) 573-3221 for Tahoe area information.
368 total views