From Cuisine Noir
Recipe courtesy of Cooking Yummies via Cuisine Noir Magazine
- 6 cups chicken broth (homemade if possible)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. asparagus trimmed and cut into 1-2″ ‘pieces
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (hot)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh chives or green onions
- 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 scallops
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place the chicken broth in a saucepan, over medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large saute pan, over medium heat. Add the asparagus, salt and pepper and saute for about about 5-7 minutes, or until tender.
- Place asparagus in a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining oil over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic. Cook until translucent (roughly 4 minutes).
- Add the rice and stir until every grain is coated in oil.
- Add the wine to the pan and stir until completely absorbed.
- Add the hot broth in 1/2 cup increments. Simmer and stir often until the liquid is almost completely absorbed before adding the next 1/2 of cup. This process should take about 45 minutes.
- For the scallops, place a skillet on medium-high heat. Add olive oil. Lightly season scallops with salt and pepper. Add scallops to the pan cook on each side for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in asparagus, spinach, chives, parmesan and top with 3 scallops (optional sprinkle of paprika). All done!