If you know of someone 18 and older who wouldn’t mind working for the railroad, please pass along this information. These jobs were just posted. Training is in Atlanta, and some may require travel. If you can do it – go for it. Great railroad jobs for young men who aren’t in college strong young women also! This is President Obama’s money for “infrastructure” the jobs are located all over, paid training in Atlanta. This is an awesome opportunity, please pass this on. These jobs pay good wages.
Track Worker-030702 Job Summary · Work as a member of a crew to install new railroad track, maintain existing track and right-of-way. Primary Activities and Responsibilities include:
- Ensure compliance with all railroad rules and regulations for safety, operations and the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA).
- Participate in group discussions including unit meetings, job briefings, safety meetings or process reviews. Remove and replace track and track components (e.g. ties, rails, bars, etc.).
- Replace or repair track switches with specific components · Slide and align tie plates
- Drill holes through rails for insertion of bolts and tighten or loosen bolts at joints that hold ends or rails together · Correct deviations in track surface, alignment and gauge
- Cut rails to specific lengths
- Receive instructions, requests, orders, and information from posted bulletins, memorandums, rules and regulation manuals
- Adjust, lift and roll rails
- Sort track material for loading and unloading
- Install and repair street and railroad crossings
- Cut brush and vegetation from the right-of-way
- Spray switches, angle bars and joints with oil for lubrication
- Pay Rate Entry Rate $19.36/hour | Full Rate $21.52/hour
Promotional/ Advancement Opportunities Under Maintenance of Way Collective Bargaining Agreement. Track Workers may be considered for advancement or promotion to other positions within the Engineering Department if qualified.
Machine Operator $23.25 – $24.81/hour
Welder Helper $21.93/hour
Bridge Tender $21.93/hour
Bridge Mechanic $22.65/hour
Foreman $22.71 – $25.53/hour
Track Inspector $23.98 – $25.14/hour
Learn more about other positions and the training opportunities offered at the Railroad Education & Development Institute in Atlanta, GA … go to http://www.csx.com/?fuseaction=careers.main
478 total views